What is Google Admin?
It is an administration console for our Google Workspace, where it is possible to perform all kinds of monitoring, control, and security tasks, such as adding or removing users, manage invoices or applications, configure mobile devices, and everything having to do with monitoring accounts.
So once the administrator is assigned, they can help you with the following:
- Help you troubleshoot or answer questions related to your account.
- Change your Google account password, in case you forget it.
- Activate Google services that you can use with your account, such as YouTube, Gmail, Drive, Calendar, etc.
However, administrator privileges determine the roles you have available and the tasks you can perform. For example, an administrator with User privilege can only perform actions related to the role assigned, for which you will not be able to see all the rest of the functions and utilities of the tool.
Advantages of Google Admin
What can you do with it?
You can take control of your entire organization from a single platform from anywhere you are, while monitoring user activities, app management, or mobile devices, and examining the security settings of Google Workspace to detect potential threats to your organization's data.
1. Security and Control
All Google services allow you to control how your data is processed in your organization.
In the case of Google Admin, the administrator protects the privacy of all accounts.
Within the console it is possible to add security options such as two-step verification, single sign-on, or identity verification to protect your users' accounts against attacks and unauthorized access.
Another of the advantages offered by the platform is the possibility of accessing
Google support and put you in direct contact with a specialist, either by phone, chat, or email, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To contact a specialist and get help with your Google Workspace account you must follow the next steps.
Within the administrator console you can access the reports, these allow you to:
Analyze data and activities within your team.
- Examine and detect any type of security risk in the accounts.
- Diagnose configuration problems.
- Identify who logs in and when.
- Track administrator activity.
- Know how users create and share content.
In addition, there are different types of reports that offer a wide variety of data and statistics.
How to create, edit and delete roles of the administrator?
1. Assign roles
- On the main page of the administration console, go to Users.
- Locate the user in the list.
- Click on the user's name to open their account page.
- Scroll down and click Admin Roles and Privileges.
- Next to the predefined or custom role, click Activate.
- Click Save.
2. Delete roles
- On the main page of the administration console, go to Roles of the administrator.
- On the left, click the role you want to remove.
- Click Assigned Administrators.
- Check the Administrator box to select all administrators who are assigned the role.
- Click Unassign Role.
- Click Remove Role.
You can also create custom roles where you can include privileges to the administrator that allows you to complete certain management tasks in the console of Google administration.